What is GOTS?
The Global Organic Textil Standard, also known as GOTS, is recognized as the world’s leading certification when it comes to environmental labeling of clothing and textiles. The label defines high-level environmental criteria along the entire supply chain for organic textiles and requires compliance with social criteria.
All certified companies must meet minimum social criteria based on the core standards of the International Labor Organization.
The social responsibility consists, among other things, of the following:
- The working conditions are safe and hygienic.
- Child labor must not be used.
- Fixed minimum wage.
- No discrimination.
- Only legal employment.
- Any form of enforcement or inhumane treatment is prohibited.
Below you can see some of the criteria that we, as your GOTS certified warehouse hotel, must comply with among other things:
- All GOTS certified goods are stored separately. At all stages of production, organic fibers must be separated from conventional fibers, and they must always be identifiable.
- Good working environment and high security.
- Strict environmental policy.
- Social responsibility and compliance thereof.
Of course, we do much more than the above and if you are curious to hear more about how you, as a customer of System Transport, can become GOTS certified, you are always welcome to contact is, and we are ready to guide you.
You can find our contact information at the bottom of the page or under our contact page.